I participated in this program on behalf of Champions for Kids and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.
Summer has arrived and some of us might be ready to enjoy a couple of months of fun times with our kiddos. I want to share a bit of an eye opener today. 10% of children in the U.S. live in “food insecure homes”.
This means that while we might be planning a picnic at the park with ice cream today…
About 1 in every 10 kids might not even get dinner tonight.
While we’re spending more time with the kids while they are out of school, it’s the perfect time to make a lasting difference together. I’m excited to share about Champions for Kids and the Summer of Giving program which makes it easy for you and I to help local families in need. We can make a difference by taking part to donate 5 million meals THIS SUMMER!
Help Feed Hungry Kids in Your Community
It’s not hard to do, let’s learn about the simple ways to get involved together, will you join me? There are two very simple ways to help!
- GATHER your friends, family, and co-workers.
- LEARN about the needs of children in your community.
- GIVE items to help kids enjoy happier & healthier lives.
- SHARE your story with us to inspire others.
Are you ready to start your own project? Visit Champions for Kids today!
I wanted to create a recipe using some of the Summer of Giving sponsored freezer foods. I decided to make a cold veggie salad that would be perfect for summer. When you purchase Bird’s Eye products through July 7th, you’ll be supporting the Champions for Kids program. Plus, creating something yummy and simple for your own family! It’s so easy to make and very affordable too!
- 10.8 oz Bird's Eye Steamfresh Super Sweet Corn
- 14 oz Bird's Eye Recipe Ready Chopped Seasoning Blend
- 1 Cup Black Beans (canned)
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 3 Tbsp Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Lime Freshly Squeezed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare frozen vegetables according to package directions. Let cool completely. Add the remaining ingredients and blend well. Refrigerate and serve cold.
Need more info before you get started? Visit Champions for Kids to learn more about the Summer of Giving program!
Are you planning on any special ways to get involved in helping your community this summer?